Recover iMessages for iPhone?
1. Can i recover deleted SMS and iMessages on iPhone 4? I’ve deleted a whole thread of SMS and iMessages on my iPhone 4 with iOS 6.1.3, does any one know how to get them back? – Lee
2. Recover iMessages for iPhone? I deleted some VERY important messages by accident, and I really need them back! The last time I backed up my phone was a month ago and I didn’t activate the iCloud. Is there any way that I can recover these messages?! Help please I need them ASAP! – Amy
3. How do I recover messages I deleted on iMessage? I got an iPhone and I had a very important message on there which I accidently deleted. How do I recover it? Is there a way to do it without using computer? If not how do I do it? – Phoenix
4. How would I recover deleted iMessages from iPhone 5? I have an IPhone 5 and the latest software and my phone was backed up yesterday. How do I recover my imessages?
iMessage allows users to send texts, documents, photos, videos, contact information, and group messages over Wi-Fi, 3G or LTE to other iOS or OS X users, thus providing an alternative to standard SMS/MMS messaging for all users with devices running iOS 5 or later. – from wikipedia
Two ways to recover iMessages from iPhone
There are two ways to recover deleted iMessages from iPhone 5/4s/4/3GS. No matter what reasons result in lost iMessages,you can get them back. Two ways privided here:
Way 1. Directly recover deleted iMessages from iPhone
Way 2. Recover iMessages from iTunes Backup.
In order to recover iMessages for iPhone, you need iPhone iMessages Recovery, here we recommend the iSkysoft iPhone Data Recovery for Mac, Windows user recommended the Wondershare Dr.Fone for iOS, you can free download them below:
Here, we take the iPhone Data Recovery for Mac as example, the windows version steps are the similar, download the tool and install on your PC first.
Step 1: Choose recovery mode for recovering iPhone iMessages
Firstly, take out your iPhone and connect it to your Mac, and then open the recovery software. After that, you’ll see a device choosing window and you can select your device model from it. Afterwards, choose “Recover data from iOS device”.
Note: If you want to restore iMessages from iPhone 3GS, the required plug-in should be downloaded first.
Step 2: Scan iMessages on your iPhone
To recover iMessages from iPhone 5 and 4S: Just hit the “Start” button to scan iMessages on iPhone. To recover iPhone 4 and 3GS iMessages, please follow the steps below to access the file system of your device first.
1. Take your iPhone and click the “Start” button in iSkysoft iPhone Data Recovery for Mac.
2. Simultaneously hold the “Power” and “Home” buttons on your iPhone for 10 seconds.
3. In 10 seconds, release the “Power” button, but still holding the “Home” button for another 10 seconds. This iPhone iMessage recovery application can thus access your iPhone’s file system.
4. Release the “Home” button and click the “Start Scan” button to scan iMessage messages on your iPhone 4/3GS.
Step 3: Preview and recover iMessage from iPhone 5/4S/4/3GS
When scanning is done, go to iMessage category, check the iMessage messages you want to recover and click the Recover button at bottom to choose an output format and retrieve iMessages to your Mac.
If you’ve ever synced your iPhone with iTunes, you can recover lost iMessage messages from iTunes backup files. iSkysoft iPhone Data Recovery for Mac enables you to selectively retrieve iMessage message from the selected iTunes backup files.
Step 1: Select the “Recover data from iTunes backup files” Mode
Step 2: Select an iTunes backup file
iSkysoft iPhone iMessages Recovery for Mac will list all existing iTunes backup files on your Mac. Choose the iTunes backup file for your iPhone and click Start Scan to scan all included iMessages and other files.
Step 3: Preview and recover iPhone iMessages from iTunes backup
When scanning complete, go to the Messages category to find the iMessages you want to restore. Select the iMessages and then click the “Recover” button to save all selected iMessages to your Mac.