As we all know that iPhones and iPads are the most commonly used devices nowadays for their compelling features to meet the requirements of users. The most attractive quality of iOS devices is that they provide us with regular latest software updates. Despite its ever-increasing demand, the Apple devices still have some flaws just like devices from any other company. The most common issue in Apple devices might be the iPhone stuck in recovery mode.
If you are the one facing the same problem in your iPhone i.e. iPhone stuck in recovery mode, you have no need to throw your device into trash thinking that it is useless. You would be happy to know that there are numerous different methods to solve this issue. You can also recover your data in iPhone that you may lose due to iPhone stuck in recovery mode problem.
Reasons for iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode
An iPhone user feels helpless and gets stressful and disturbing, watching their iPhone despairingly fluctuating between the blank screen and Apple logo. At the time your iPhone gets hanged in the recovery mode, the screen of the phone gets stuck between a black screen and you will consider it is completely ruined and will not be back from such condition. There can be several reasons of your iPhone gets stuck in recovery mode.
- You tried to activate the recovery mode to resolve some issue and unfortunately jumble it up.
- You tried to jailbreak your phone and eventually, everything went wrong.
- You updated your iPhone to the latest version and it started behaving weird.
When You Need To Use Recovery Mode
There are some circumstances where you need to utilize recovery mode. You may have to use recovery mode on your iPhone to restore it using iTunes. Some of the conditions where you may require recovery mode on your iPhone are:
- While restoring your iPhone, if iTunes is unable to detect your iPhone or notify that your phone is in recovery mode
- In case you get a message saying “connect to iTunes” on display of your iPhone.
- If you see your iPhone screen gets black with the logo of Apple for over 1 mint without showing any movement.
- When your iPhone is unable to turn on
- When the touchscreen of an iPhone is not responding
- In case you forgot the password of your iPhone device
- When the process of restore and update of OS fails
- When you are unable to update your iPhone and it gets stuck in the constant restart process
Methods To Get iPhone Out of Recovery Mode
When you see your latest or older version of iPhone gets stuck in recovery mode, you have no need to worry as there are numbers of ways you can utilize to get out of this situation and save your device from this nightmare. Using these recovery methods you can get your iPhone back to life and running once again as it was before.
It is very important to know that using some of these methods to fix this problem; it can end up in the loss of complete data on your device. In case you don’t have backed up data on your phone, it will be completely gone forever.
Still you have no need to worry as there are some great ways to restore your data if it gets lost but first, you need to know the methods to get out of this issue. We are going to discuss 5 methods to fix your iPhone stuck in recovery mode.
Method ① : Manual Reboot to fix iPhone stuck in recovery mode
The very first solution to recover iPhone stuck in recovery mode is the manual reboot. It is very easy and you can do it just by pressing two buttons on your iPhone device. The two buttons are the Power button and home button. You need to check if both buttons are functioning well, then you have more chances to get your iPhone stuck in recovery mode.
For iPhone 6 and older generation devices, follow these steps to force restart your iPhone and fix this issue.
The steps are:
- At first, you need to press the home button and power button simultaneously.
- Press the buttons for almost 15 seconds
- Leave the buttons when you see an Apple logo on the screen of your iPhone
If you are having an iPhone of the new generation above 6s, then the combination of keys would be changed. For iPhone 7, you need to go through below mentioned steps:
- In this case, you have to press the volume down button on your iPhone.
- You should press the volume down button and power button simultaneously
- Leave the buttons after 15 seconds when the Apple logo pops up on the screen of your iPhone.
You can be one having an iPhone like iPhone 8 or X ,XR/XS and that gets stuck in recovery mode, go through these steps to fix the problem:
- First, you have to press the volume up button and release it.
- Then press volume down button and release it.
- Now press the power button for longer until you see an Apple logo on the screen.
Method ② : DFU mode to fix iPhone stuck in recovery mode
Another way to get your iPhone out of stuck recovery mode is a DFU mode recovery on iPhone. DFU stands for device firmware update and is considered as the restore option providing deep restoration of your iPhone. Most of the time it is the last option left for Apple technicians to cope with the serious issues in iOS devices. DFU mode restore offers a permanent fix to the problem as compared to other restore options.
The working of DFU mode restore involves the deleting and reloading of all the code that drives the software and hardware of your iPhone. You need to ensure that your device has no any type of liquid loss so that it doesn’t get stuffed during the whole process. It is because the process of DFU mode restore can be stopped due to liquid damage. In case you used DFU mode restore on liquid damaged iPhone, there are chances that your system will crash completely and fail to function again.
To use this mode, you need to install the latest version of iTunes on your computer and then follow below-mentioned steps to put your phone in DFU mode and restore iOS to get out of recovery mode.
- The very first step you need to do is to connect your iPhone to your computer with a USB cable or wire.
- The next step is to launch iTunes on the system.
- After you have launched iTunes, just press the power and home button of your iPhone at the same time and release after 10 seconds.
- Once 10 seconds has passed, leave the Power button only and keep pressing the home button till you see a message on your phone screen from iTunes mentioning that your device has been detected in recovery mode.
- Now its time to leave the Home button.
The indication that your iPhone is in DFU mode is the entirely black screen of your iPhone. In case it didn’t turn black it means that you fail to enter DFU mode and you have to try it again from the very first step.
When you successfully entered the DFU mode, you can recover using iTunes.
Method ③ : iTunes Restore to fix iPhone stuck in recovery mode
The highlight about using iTunes restore method to fix iPhone stuck in recovery mode is that it will lead to loss of all of your data and settings on your device prior to restoration. Using this method your iPhone will be returned to the data backed up last time in iTunes.
If you want to use this method you can use as there are different ways to recover the erased data from your device. While using this method, you will get your data you backed up last time in iTunes.
The steps you need to follow to fix iPhone stuck in recovery mode with iTunes restore are:
- You must be sure about having the latest edition of iTunes on your computer. To check the version of iTunes, launch it and open help on the main page. Click on check button for latest updates, iTunes will inform you about the version you are using.
- Open iTunes on your computer and connect your iPhone with it while pressing and holding the home button on your iPhone. On the iPhone screen, you will see a message appears saying that your iPhone requires restoring as it is in recovery mode.
- Now select your device on the main windows of iTunes and move to summary tab.
- Here click on the restore button.
- Now follow the instructions given in iTunes in order to backup and restore your device settings.
- Now you can recover your iPhone to its prior settings.
Method ④ : dr.fone – Recovery to fix iPhone stuck in Recovery Mode with no loss of data(recommend)
As we know that the majority of the methods that offer to fix iPhone stuck in recovery mode generally restore the iPhone to its factory settings with erasing of all the data on the device. Surely no one will want to lose their whole data. If you don’t want to lose your data while your iPhone is stuck in recovery mode, you should try dr.fone once.
Dr.fone is software commonly used to solve all the main problems regarding iOS devices without causing any harm to them. It is very easy to use and most importantly it is highly secure meaning that it never get access to your data, it only helps you to recover your data.
No matter what is an issue in your iPhone, dr.fone can efficiently solve it. It can also fix the iPhone stuck in recovery mode. You need to go through these steps to recover iPhone stuck in the recovery mode using dr.fone:
- The very first step is the downloading and installation of dr.fone on your computer either Mac or windows. After installing, open up the dr.fone and select repair option from the software main display page.
- The next step is the connection of the iPhone that needs to be recovered to the computer and click on the option exit recovery mode mentioned on the lower right corner.
- You will see a new window will appear, showing a view of the iPhone that is stuck in recovery mode. Now you need to choose ‘exit recovery mode’ option.
- In some time you will see a message on your iPhone screen that your device has been exited recovery mode successfully.
Once you get your device exited from stuck recovery mode, simply disconnect your iPhone and use it as you do previously.
Method ⑤ : TinyUmbrella to fix iPhone stuck in recovery mode
TinyUmbrella is software to get back iPhone 5s from recovery mode. This method is compatible will all the latest iOS versions such as 11. It may not be much sophisticated as others but still offers the basic features related to solving problems of iOS devices.
To use this method, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- At first, you need to download and install TinyUmbrella software. The software is compatible with both Windows and Mac systems.
- In the next step, open the TinyUmbrella on your computer and connect your iPhone to the computer that needs to be fixed, using a USB cable or wire.
- Wait for some time until the system detects your iPhone automatically.
- When you see your iOS device is detected, simply choose the ‘Exit recovery button’ on the display of TinyUmbrella main page.
- Your device will be recovered.
The process is complete; now remove your iPhone from the computer. This is not a good way to get your iPhone out of the stuck recovery mode as there are high chances of loss of your data during the procedure.
Will your data lose once you get iPhone out of stuck Recovery Mode?
Yes, it is true, your data will be lost if you recover your iPhone stuck in recovery mode. This is the main thing behind the need of back up of your data using different software. In case you have backed up your data with iTunes or iCloud, dr.fone works best there. It has the ability to restore all of your data from iTunes and iCloud backup.